About Risk & Return Brazil
The third annual Risk and Return Brazil is returning to São Paulo on the 12th June 2013.
With global economic conditions still difficult and a variety of new global regulations set to come into force this year, it is more important than ever that financial professionals remain up to speed with the latest developments.
Risk's annual Risk & Return Brazil summit can help you do just that. The conference is a one-day financial risk management event with a focus on structured products. Held in Portuguese and bringing together CROs, CIOs and CEOs from some of the largest banks, asset managers and corporations in Brazil and abroad, the conference will offer unrivalled networking opportunities and the chance to discuss the latest developments in Brazil's financial industry.
The summit will be divided into two streams, allowing you to tailor the event to your specific learning and networking needs. The first stream will address the key and current risk management issues facing senior investment professionals. The second (in association with Structured Products) will focus more specifically on the future for structured products in the Brazilian market.
Key topics to be addressed by our leading panel of speakers include:
- Managing international regulatory uncertainty - the key changes and their implications for the Brazilian market
- The development of the onshore structured products market
- Liquidity risk and Basel III - the concerns from the industry
- Local vs. US underlyings - where is the Brazilian structured product market now?
- Structured products pricing in Brazil - has there been overpricing in the past?
- The OTC business in Brazil - an opportunity to be seized?
- What are the key risk management challenges across the prominent Latin American markets?
- CRO roundtable: risk appetite - how hungry is the Brazilian CRO? The past, the present and the future
Risk and Return Brazil is the only event held in Brazil to focus on these two markets. A combination of keynote and guest addresses, panel discussions and streamed sessions provide the ideal opportunity to hear the views of leading speakers, join the discussion and ask questions to get feedback on the issues that are most important to you and your business.
Confirmed speakers for the 2013 conference include:
- Monica Baumgarten de Bolle , Economist, Author and Professor of Economics
- Alexandre Andrade de Mello, Professor, FGV
- Andre Cadime de Godoi, Head of Risk Control, BANCO PINE
- Caio Fonseca Ferreira, Senior Advisor , Financial system Regulation Department, BANCO CENTRAL DO BRASIL
- Andre Caldeira, Risk and Actuarial Director, CRO , SULAMERICA ING
- Claudio Paiva, Partner & Director, ANALITIX
- Marcos Costa Santos Carreira, Technical Modeling Officer, BM&FBOVESPA
- Miguel Russo Neto, CRO, RIO BRAVO INVESTIMENTOS
- Alexandre Lowenkron, CRO and Head of Quantitative Research, BBM INVESTIMENTOS
- Julio Cardozo, CRO, BANCO COOPERATIVO SICREDI
- Bruno Gomes, Capital Markets Analyst, COMISSÃO DE VALORES MOBILIÁRIOS - CVM
- Mario Prado, Manager, QRM Brazil
- Mario Okazuka Jr, Structured Product Specialist, VOTORANTIM ASSET MANAGEMENT
- Jair Lemes Gonçalves Neto, CEO, BRAVA CAPITAL
- Affonso Taciro, Junior, Superintendente de Riscos Financeiros - Wealth Management & Services, ITAÚ-UNIBANCO
- David M Rowe, Founder and president, DAVID M. ROWE RISK ADVISORY, and Senior Advisor to MISYS
- Fabricio Romanha de Oliveira, Head of Risk and Compliance, MIRAE ASSET GLOBAL INVESTMENTS